San Juan Puerto Rico Policies and Procedures
- • Located 5 minutes from the San Juan International Airport terminal.
- • Upon arrival please call 787-726-7350 or 787-726-7355. Then go outside baggage claim and wait for the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus says "Allied Car and Truck Rental and E-Z Rent a Car" on the side, and arrives within 10 minutes
- • For additional assistance, please call 787-726-7154.
Cancellations and No Show
- CANCELATION POLICY: Cancel at any time however a 24 hour advance cancellation is greatly appreciated. Should the cancellation be due to the rate please let us know that you found a lower rate and if your rental dates fall between September 6 - December 15 & February 1 - June 15 excluding any holidays or long weekends that fall in between we guarantee to match and lower rate found with proof of rate with an official quote.
- *The cancellation of a rental contract that have already been sign for will have a one day rental charge cancellation fee.
- Due to the high demand during high season a strict ONE HOUR grace period for reservation arrivals is observed. If you think that you will arrive late for your reservation you must call to extend your arrival time in order to avoid your reservation to be automatically cancelled. You must take note of the representative who confirm the extension of your reservation and time of call.
Using Debit Cards
- ONLY bank issued debit cards that work with a bank account and recognize by our POS service provider are permitted. No pre-paid cards are allowed. Any category vehicle can be rented. A $250.00 deposit is required for all rentals except luxury and commercial rentals which require a $500.00 to $1,000.00 deposit. The deposit is charged at the time of rental and a refund is given once the vehicle is returned on its due date and no further amount is due, refund check will be mail in 15 working days.
- WARNING: Although Allied Car & Truck Rental process the refund within 72 hours of the return the actual refunded amount may take between 10-15 business days to reflect onto your account depending on your bank.
- Car cannot be taken off of the island. If the car is taken by ferry to a neighboring Island (Vieques or Culebra), CDW will not cover. To transport car to Vieques or Culebra you must reserve space on the ferry for both ways. If for any reason you could not return the car to the main island and Allied Car & Truck Rental need to transport the car back for you a $1,000.00 transportation fee will apply.
- Your own insurance must cover the full value of the rented vehicle and have liability as well in order to decline the insurance waiver provided by Allied Car & Truck Rental. A simply phone call to your insurance company can confirm that your insurance coverage complies with our terms and your deductibles amount as well. We always suggest you consult your insurance agency before finalizing your travel arrangements.
- If your insurance coverage only provide for Liability then the CDW must be purchase. In case you do not have any liability insurance then the SLI must be purchase as Puerto Rico law states that the RENTER of a motor vehicle is held responsible for any and all damages caused to a third party if at fault. Should you need liability coverage we offer liability waiver for $9.99 per day with a 10/20/10 coverage. For NON-U.S. RESIDENTS the insurance waiver is a mandatory charge.
Credit Cards Accepted
- Debit Card, VISA Check, VISA, Master Card, AMEX, Discover
- If your credit card covers a rented vehicle and you opt to use it a valid proof of liability insurance must show, as credit card insurance does not cover liability. You will be responsible to verify with your credit card provider that the insurance from your credit card would be liable for the full value of the vehicle rented, in case of an accident you would be financially responsible for any difference not cover by the credit card insurance.
- No Charge for client pick-ups and drop-offs in local area, if a rental contract is not completed a minimum charge of $25 will apply.
- E-Z Rent-A-Car does not accept pre-payment for confirmed reservations for non-prepaid transaction, and you are not committed to make the associated rental. Therefore, these type of reservations are not intended to provide you with any legal or contractual right to compel E-Z Rent-A-Car, or any related affiliate, to establish a rental contract and/or transaction. Likewise, these type of reservations do not compel you to establish a rental contract with E-Z Rent-A-Car, nor will you receive any penalty or charge if this transaction does not occur.
- 2 additional renters (drivers) permitted an additional charge of $4.95 applies per day
Underage charge will apply to additional drivers, 18-20 $14.95 additional charge and 21-24 $9.95 additional charge.
- A $250.00 deposit is required on all rental types except luxury and commercial vehicles at the time of rental along with the total amount due for the rental. The deposit is refunded once the vehicle is returned if no further charges apply. Luxury and commercial vehicles requires a $500.00 to $1,000.00 deposit.
- Please DO NOT smoke in any of our vehicles. Our entire fleet has been designated as NON-SMOKING.
A $250.00 charge will apply if any cigarette smoke is detected.
One Way Rentals
- Vehicle drop-offs between Allied Car & Truck Rental locations is permitted
San Juan Airport – Isla Varde – Condado – Caribe Hilton – Dorado – Manati – Barranquita – Aguadilla
Yauco – Ponce - Coamo
Between San Juan Airport Location, Isla Verde, Condado and Caribe Hilton $10 charge
Between Dorado and Manati $25
Between Dorado and San Juan $50
Between Yauco and Ponce $10
All others on-way drop-offs not specify $75
- Minimum Age: 18
- Age 18 to 20 - $14.95 per day surcharge applies.
- Age 21 to 24 - $9.95 per day surcharge applies.
- Allied Car & Truck Rental offers an optional toll EASY PASS option. This is a ONE TIME Administrative charge of $10.00 plus $3.95 daily charge for all tolls you can use (daily charge begging on the first day of rental regarding the day in which it was activated). Simply ask for the option at the time of rental.
- WARNING: Should you not choose the easy pass option and the easy pass lane is used a $25.00 administrative fee plus a usage charge of $3.95 per each day of rental will apply. *These charges may be process separately from the rental contract charges.
- Only those taxes and fees which appear in the estimated total of the reservation and/or the rental agreement are applicable for a specific location. The base rate of the rental is guaranteed for the dates and times of the reservation, but taxes and fees may be changed by a governing authority prior to arrival at the rental counter. Any changes to the taxes and/or fees will be shown on the rental agreement at the opening of the rental agreement. Adding additional optional charges such as upgrades, GPS rentals, etc. at the rental counter may effect the amounts of the applicable taxes and fees.
- State and City Tax will be charged at the time of rental and is not included on your quote. 6% State Tax and 1% City Tax. Other taxes will apply.